WELCOME TO ELEMENTARY AT RICA!
RICA offers families a blended and balanced approach to K-6 education by combining school-site instruction with home-based learning. RICA's elementary program is housed on an elementary campus within the Rocklin Unified School District's family of schools. While participating in class activities, RICA students share the school's library, playground, and lunch program.
School and Family Collaborative Education
The Rocklin Independent Charter Academy partners with families to provide a unique learning model where students can discover their passions and talents in a flexible and personalized learning environment.
2 days of AT SCHOOL ~ Project-Based Learning
3 days AT HOME ~ Family-Facilitated Learning
Students attend school either Tuesday AND Thursday OR Wednesday AND Friday with additional opportunities to participate in after school clubs. At-school learning is project-based, taught by credentialed teachers and integrates Science and Math. At-home learning (also called family facilitated off-site learning) focuses on English Language Arts, Social Studies and Extracurricular activities. Families are the primary educators on non-classroom days and are provided guidance and materials by supervising credentialed teachers in order to to be successful as at-home educators.
Why Choose RICA and Homeschool?
"Homeschooling provides opportunities to explore passion projects."
"RICA focuses on the learner as much as the learning."
"Homeschooling enables the flexibility to participate in extracurricular learning that there is often little time for when students spend 35+ hours per week at school."
"RICA has amazing, passionate, and compassionate teachers!"
"Project-based learning is awesome!"
- Home-School Partnership
- Project-Based Learning
- Personalized learning plans
- Multi-age grouping
- Small class sizes
- Mastery of "essential skills"
- Instills Compassionate communication skills
- Challenging and engaging content that accommodates diverse learning styles
- Learning-by-doing curriculum
- Opportunities for student voice and choice and personalization to reflect students' passions, interests, and needs
- Credentialed, experienced, and dedicated teachers
- Community of care and collaboration
- 21st century learning and real-world problem solving