- Grades K-8: 5:00pm
- Grades 9 & 12: 5:30pm
- Grades 10 & 11: 6:30pm
- Learn about new additions and offerings to our wonderful RICA Program
- Meet your teacher and receive your schedule of classes
- Sign Master Agreement for Independent Study (required each year in order to attend program)
It is a pleasure and a privilege to welcome you to Rocklin Independent Charter Academy!
Rocklin Independent Charter Academy operates three programs: college-preparatory, a traditional independent study and a K-8 at-school/home-school model. RICA’s programs offer a blended model school with the support of tutoring, intensive intervention, direct instruction, technology, electives, and in 9-12 college preparation coursework. Our schools are located on two of the Rocklin Unified school campuses in the City of Rocklin. The RICA curriculum and instruction is tailored to meet the individual needs of its students, providing choice, variety and flexibility. Student assessment and performance is instructed and supervised by fully credentialed teachers.
Community is what makes our school a remarkable place, so whether you are a prospective family, current family, staff member, board member, community partner, neighbor or friend, your interest and enthusiasm are greatly appreciated.
Our WASC accredited school has four distinct strengths:
- A small and personalized learning environment where every student is known, seen and valued
- A Work Experience Program in which high school students gain on-the-job, real-world work experience
- A deep commitment to professional development and continuous growth by all
- An emphasis on real world project-based learning that provides depth over breadth, engages students' interests and motivates them to learn
These strengths translate into taking great pride in our promise that every RICA student will graduate college-ready, career-prepared and community-minded.
The School’s founders believe that a well-educated person in the 21st century possesses the knowledge and skills to succeed as effective citizens, workers, and leaders. They should be able to see connections so as to be able to make sense of the world and act within it in creative ways to purposely communicate, problem solve and disseminate information.
RICA serves students in grades K-12 who reside in Placer, Nevada, El Dorado, Sacramento, Sutter, or Yuba Counties.
Thank you for your interest in Rocklin Independent Charter Academy! We invite you to visit us in person and experience all that RICA has to offer first-hand. We are thrilled to be part of the Rocklin Unified District that is dedicated, innovative and compassionate. We know you will be, too.
Dear Rocklin Independent Charter Academy Family,
I am truly honored to have been selected as the principal for Rocklin Independent Charter Academy (RICA) and the Rocklin Alternative Education Center. RICA operates three programs: college-preparatory, a traditional independent study and a K-8 at-school/home-school model. RICA’s programs offer a blended model school with the support of tutoring, intensive intervention, direct instruction, technology, electives, and in 9-12 college preparation coursework. Our schools are located on two of the Rocklin Unified school campuses in the City of Rocklin. RICA curriculum and instruction is tailored to meet our students’ needs, providing choice, variety, flexibility and continual support.
My family has lived in Rocklin for almost twenty years and my wife and I have put two sons through the Rocklin Unified school system, from Kindergarten through high school graduation at Rocklin High. My education consists of a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Studies and a Master of Arts Degree in History from CSU Chico. I earned my teaching credential in Special Education from Chapman University and have almost completed the coursework for a Master’s in Educational Leadership from Brandman University. I spent my teaching career at Yuba City High School as a Resource Specialist, where it became evident to me that all students were capable of meeting their potential, regardless of disability, behavior or parental support. I have been an administrator with River City High School the past two years and was responsible for overseeing the Special Education, Physical Education and Career Technical Education Departments.
I have spent my career working with alternative education and cannot wait to get started on this important work at RICA. While we realize that not every student fits into the comprehensive high school mold, using a model of individualized education plans, an emphasis on high quality instruction, smaller class size, skills training and counseling, RICA students are prepared to meet the challenges of the future. Graduates of RICA leave with the skills and education necessary to enroll in colleges, trade schools, and the armed forces. We take pride in who our students are and eagerly embrace their bright futures. I look forward to a fantastic year and again, I am extremely excited to work with you all! Go Ravens!
Principal, Rocklin Alternative Education Center
- Call Office (916-632-3195) to set up meeting with Principal (Student and parent should attend)
- At meeting, will be provided registration paperwork to fill out and return.
- Both parent and student will attend initial Orientation meeting
- Orientation Meeting: (12:30 - 3:30): Parent only needs to stay for first 30 minutes.
- Parent and Student will be notified once registration is received of 12:30 Orientation Meeting
- Parent and student will sign Master Agreement (Independent Study Contract)
- Parent will be excused from Meeting, Student will stay and take assessments.
- Student given schedule of classes and when to start.